Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Midterm Status Update continued

Here are some things I missed when I did my update.
Blogging in general
I think I really started out pretty strong in this. I was really interested to learn about how to blog, and I found that I had a lot to share. However, when I started to have tests in other classes, and a heavier work load, I honestly dropped the ball a little. I need to get back on track with posting frequently. I need to post more to fill in my weak spots concerning the learning outcomes. I believe that I am in need of more social proof, but I know that I cannot expect this without giving it myself. I will just be more diligent in my frequency for my own blog and others' as well.
Self Directed Learning
I believe that it is not too hard to see that I am motivated and learn on my own through my posting. Still, I know that I need to improve here as well. I have gone forth and read the plays, making sure that I am solid in the plot and characters by using outside tools. I have also watched some movies of said plays (especially Hamlet). I have visited the library and looked at what has been published on the subject (posts to come). I have also been able to find something about each play that I was personally connected to (The Tempest = music, Henry V = humors, Merchant of Venice = Christianity, Hamlet = Symbolism). Still, sometimes I think that it is not really evident on my blog that I am thinking about Shakespeare a lot outside of class. Also, I know that I need to be much more frequent in reading others' blogs.
Collaborative and Social Learning
I have found that Anne and Marina especially have helped me a lot, and we have discussed a lot. This is probably because we are roommates (or neighbors). in the blogging world, I have connected the most with Andrew, Chloe, Kim, and Sara. I also know however that this is no where near the connection that I should have by now. I have always thought that class was really enriching and awesome. I love the structure where we come together in class and are able to discuss. I do not know however how I should be applying Shakespeare to my life, except that I am reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment