Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Real" Characters

I just wanted to revisit one of the discussion topics from this week's class; being invested in characters. I am real a sucker for fantasy and I am prone to getting very invested in characters. At one point during this semester, I was watching Once Upon A Time, I realized that I was holding my breath when the commercials came on. It was out of excitement and suspense, because I was so invested in the characters and the plot. My roommate put it this way, "there is liking a show, and then there's not breathing." Hahaha.
I've also been known to cry in a good book. This is another manifestation of loving the fictional characters.
I have to admit that I cried in Harry Potter, when I was reading the 7th book. I couldn't believe that Hedwig was gone. How could she die? She had always been right there with Harry. And how could I have cried over an owl dying in a random book? But that is the power of being invested in a character.
What about you? What character(s) do you love? Any Hunger Game fans out there? It comes out in about 27 hours!

1 comment:

  1. I totally cried when Sirius Black died in Harry Potter. He's my favorite character by far!
    And then Landon and Jamie in A Walk to Remember <3

    ReplyDelete