Friday, January 6, 2012

Introduction

I have been an actress all my life. Growing up in Japan I joined my first ever play club. 6 other 5th graders and I performed 3 short Aesop plays for a grandparents' day community celebration. After moving back to the States (that's what expats call the US of A) I took my first real acting class in middle school and guess what we performed? Shakespeare! I got cast as Puck in Midsummer Night's Dream, so for my first introduction I was completely submerged in this beautiful work. I quickly added to my favorites, Julius Caesar, Romeo and Juliet, Much Ado About Nothing and many of his sonnets. Just through my basic experience in Shakespeare up to this point I have come to love the poetic iambic pentameter, vibrant imagery,the puns, the allusions, and all of the characters and plots that he uses in his stories. I am looking forward to increasing my knowledge in this more advanced study journey of Shakespeare and for the opportunity to immerse myself in this literature even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment